Eric Murray requires no introduction. 4x Olympian, 2x Olympic Gold medalist and 8x World Record holder, Eric's experience and expertise in rowing is something we can all learn from. Since retiring from rowing after the Rio 2016 Olympics, Eric has been sharing his passion for indoor rowing by coaching and helping to encourage new generations of recreational and competitive athletes to the sport.
Eric has now coached tens of thousands of athletes via asensei, a Connected Coaching app from British Rowing partner asensei, that connects your phone to your Concept 2, WaterRower or FluidRower rowing machine. No workout is the same. asensei crafts your learning path, sets your targets, gives you feedback in real-time, and makes sure you’re having fun, getting fitter, and getting faster.
Whether you want to commit to pushing yourself for the first time over a 2k distance, or re-commit to pushing yourself towards your fastest time, Eric has a training program designed just for you. In the (RE)COMMIT program available on asensei (alongside other programs including MASTER THE BASICS from British Rowing) Eric will coach you all the way.
In the video series that starts below, Eric will supplement his teaching in the app with the science and secrets that will help you re-imagine your potential!
ARTICLE #1: (RE)COMMIT FOR YOUR BEST 2K
Eric Murray introduces the Connected Coaching series from British Rowing and asensei
May 25, 2021
In the first edition of our video series, Eric introduces some of the indoor rowing coaching concepts he'll be covering in the weeks ahead.
In this series Eric will cover:
- How perfecting good form and rowing technique will help you with free speed
- Bringing mindfulness and intent to every practice and every training session so that as a rower, you are always making marginal gains for your form
- The importance of not just going “hell for leather”on the erg, but how to go fast for low stroke rates
- Using practice to shape your race plan, so when you go into a race you will have a clear visualization of how to tackle it
- Adding baselines in your indoor rowing training programs and using those while training, so that you are always pushing yourself and finding a good mix of intensity
- What to do when things are going a bit south while you are training or racing, and what not to do when things are going very well
- If you are looking to start the (RE)COMMIT program, this upcoming video series will be a great compliment to your training
DOWNLOAD ASENSEI TODAY
asensei is free to download and you can trial the first 3 workouts in the (RE)COMMIT program and let Eric calculate a 2k time that he can coach you to achieve in only 6 weeks.
All you need is an iPhone and access to an asensei Compatible rowing machine from Concept 2, WaterRower or FluidRower with a bluetooth capable monitor.
If you like what you see, why not sign up for a subscription? We have great value annual plans with a 30-day money back guarantee as well as monthly subscription plans and annual plans.
SAVE $$$ WITH ANNUAL BILLING ASENSEI ROWING The world’s best rowing coaching app now gives you access to all of the world’s best rowing coaches. Connect your asensei compatible rowing machine from Concept 2, WaterRower or FluidRower with Bluetooth to… Read More
ASENSEI ROWING MONTHLY
BILLED MONTHLY, CANCEL ANYTIME ASENSEI ROWING MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION The world’s best rowing coaching app now gives you access to some of the world’s best rowing coaches, available on a pay-monthly basis. Connect your asensei compatible Bluetooth rowing machine from Concept 2, WaterRower… Read More