Whether you want to commit to pushing yourself for the first time over a 2000m rowing distance, or re-commit to pushing yourself towards a new personal best, asensei has a training program designed just for you. In the (RE)COMMIT program, Eric Murray and the asensei rowing coaching app will coach you all the way to your 2000m race finale.
Table of Contents
Elite Coach, Elite Coaching App
Eric Murray requires no introduction. 4x Olympian, 2x Olympic Gold medalist and 8x World Record holder, Eric's experience and expertise in rowing is something we can all learn from. Since retiring from rowing after the Rio 2016 Olympics, Eric has been sharing his passion for indoor rowing by coaching and helping to encourage new generations of recreational and competitive athletes to the sport.
Eric has now coached tens of thousands of athletes via asensei, the Connected Coaching app that connects your phone to your Concept 2, WaterRower or FluidRower rowing machine. No workout is the same. asensei crafts your personalized learning path, sets your targets, gives you feedback in real-time, and makes sure you’re having fun, getting fitter, and getting faster.
(RE)COMMIT For Your Best 2000m
(RE)COMMIT is one of the asensei flagship programs, the first we created, and provides you with the best possible ladder towards improving your baseline ability on an indoor rowing machine. Working alongside double Olympic champion Eric Murray, this six-week structured indoor rowing program enables you to journey from getting comfortable with the rowing stroke to your first 2000m piece (the classic distance rowers are competitively measured over).
Originally created to help athletes participating in the 2021 British Rowing Virtual Championships sponsored by asensei, this article series features videos from Eric that supplement the coaching in the app with the science and secrets that will help you re-imagine your potential and improve your 2000m personal best time!
Eric introduces some of the key indoor rowing coaching concepts that will help you to beat your 2k time.
Articles in the (RE)COMMIT Series
In this series asensei and Eric will cover a range of different topics that complement the (RE)COMMIT workouts in the asensei connected coaching app. If you are looking to start the (RE)COMMIT program to improve your 2000m time, these articles featuring exclusive insights from coach Eric Murray will be a great compliment to your training.
Connected Coaching with asensei
- An introduction to the series and an overview of the key themes [this article].
Good Form Is Free Speed
- How perfecting good form and rowing technique will help you with free speed
- 3 common rowing technique errors to avoid.
- Bringing mindfulness and intent to every practice and every training session so that as a rower, you are always making marginal gains for your form
- Good Form Is Free Speed - (RE)COMMIT #2
Slow Down to Speed Up
- The importance of not just going “hell for leather”on the erg, but how to go fast for low stroke rates
- Using practice to shape your race plan, so when you go into a race you will have a clear visualization of how to tackle it
- Slow Down to Speed Up - (RE)COMMIT #3
Rowing Baselines and Benchmarks
- Adding baselines in your indoor rowing training programs and using those while training, so that you are always pushing yourself and finding a good mix of intensity
- Baselines & Benchmarks - (RE)COMMIT #4
Finding Flow and Getting in The Zone
- What is the flow state when you are rowing, and why is it important?
- What to do when things are going a bit south while you are training or racing, and what not to do when things are going very well
- Finding Flow and Getting in The Zone - (RE)COMMIT #5
DOWNLOAD ASENSEI TODAY
asensei is free to download and you can trial the first 3 workouts in the (RE)COMMIT program and let Eric calculate a 2k time that he can coach you to achieve in only 6 weeks.
All you need is an iPhone and access to an asensei Compatible rowing machine from Concept 2, WaterRower or FluidRower with a bluetooth capable monitor.
If you like what you see, why not sign up for a subscription? We have great value annual plans with a 30-day money back guarantee as well as monthly subscription plans and annual plans.
ANNUAL BILLING (EQUIVALENT MONTHLY COST $12.50) AMAZING TRAINING APP “The app monitors your pace and sets targets according to your performance. I have never seen a rowing or training app built so well.” See unfiltered ratings and reviews ASENSEI… Read More
ASENSEI ROWING MONTHLY
BILLED MONTHLY, CANCEL ANYTIME AMAZING TRAINING APP “The app monitors your pace and sets targets according to your performance. I have never seen a rowing or training app built so well.” See unfiltered ratings and reviews Or sign up… Read More